German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,i am zeno , a GSD from india.
i am a happy pet for my proud owners......
born on july 05,2012

·
Registered
424 Posts
welcome. i'd love to see a pic of zeno!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my dog now approaching 12months of age....i am quiet worried about his eating habits...
He is always moody of what and when to it.being from a eggetarian family...we occasionally feed him chicken.
He is moody to eat eggs,vegetables.he loves apple,yoghurt with rice and pedigree(chicken and milk).
My query is
1)when should i change to stage 2 of pedigree.
2)how should i feed him vegetables good for him....he doesn't touch them at all.
3)he judges everything with his nose and not by taste.what to do?
4)he weighs less what should i feed him?

·
Registered
478 Posts
He's gorgeous buth he does look a little thin to me. I don't feed my dogs vegetables, just their dry kibble. I have recently switched to the grain free version of 4Health. Mine eat the whitefish and potato and really like it. Your Zeno is almost one year now, so you could switch him to adult food, but I would find a dry food that he likes and that you are comfortable with. If he doesn't want to eat, a trick I have used is to put a spoonful of lowfat cottage cheese on the dry food. For some reason most dogs can not resist cottage cheese and they will eat their food quite well if you mix some in.

Good luck!

·
Banned
8,988 Posts
my dog now approaching 12months of age....i am quiet worried about his eating habits...
He is always moody of what and when to it.being from a eggetarian family...we occasionally feed him chicken.
He is moody to eat eggs,vegetables.he loves apple,yoghurt with rice and pedigree(chicken and milk).
My query is
1)when should i change to stage 2 of pedigree.
2)how should i feed him vegetables good for him....he doesn't touch them at all.
3)he judges everything with his nose and not by taste.what to do?
4)he weighs less what should i feed him?

Dogs are Carnivores, meaning, they eat meat. They do like fruit and some veggies but overall they eat meat.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's okay for you to be eggetarian. Okay, that sounds stupid. What I mean is, I respect it.. For humans.

Dogs are carnivores. They don't need the veggies, so don't worry that he does not want them :). Feed him the kibble, and if you can stand it, feed him some meat. He will be healthier and live to enjoy you longer!

He is a Beautiful dog!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah my dog will do anything for cottage cheese....but i feel even veggies are good for him....i can bear with chicken once in a month

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
If you are feeding him Pedigree dog food I would switch to adult and add the cottage cheese or yogurt and maybe feed him just a bit more. The veggies are okay for him to eat but if he dislikes them it is not going to be bad for him. He does not need the veggies. Add chicken when you can.

I have 3 GSD's. One of them loves fruits and veggies. I cannot eat pineapple or a banana without Havoc running over to get his share, same thing with cucumbers. The other two really are not that interested in fruit.

Your boy is very handsome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts