German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi GSD Lovers! :x

I just made an account a couple of days ago and when I try to edit my profile, it states:

"xxluna, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

My account is already activated, so I have no idea what's going on! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you~

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! You might have to write a certain number of posts before you can edit things....but I'm not sure how many you would need. I'm sure that someone who knows more will answer soon. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your GSDs (or your interest in GSDs) to help get your post count up.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there Sebrench!

Thank you for your response! I would love to get my post count up by talking about my GSDs. I currently have a 3 yr old Female GSD, named Luna. She is the love of my life and will post pictures of her soon once I get familiar with using this site. She is getting a baby brother, coming this October and we are so excited! He will be 3/4 East, 1/4 Czech bloodlines and will be participating in IGP/Schutzhund. He's coming from a "H" litter, so I need "H" letter male name suggestions please! So far, I like the name Helios (because Helios means sun and Luna means moon, so it'll be oppositely adorable!). I also like Hydro and Helix but "H" letter names are so difficult! Suggestions on "H" letter boy names would be greatly appreciated! Also, please tell me about your GSDs!

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'd love to see picks of Luna. Congratulaions on your new puppy!! I always spend a long time browsing baby naming sites when I get a new pet. This one is fun because it has categories: 20000-NAMES.COM: Special Names Menu, page 1 of 2

I have two GSDs. A four-year-old WGSL named Asher (his registered name is Onyx, he was from the O litter, but I don't use it as a call name). Our other is a three-year-old white shepherd named Levi.

Good luck in all your IGP/Schutzhund ambitions! :)

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for recommending the website! I'm on it right now and I love it!!! I love the name Asher and if he's the pup in your profile picture, he is a stud muffin!

·
Super Moderator
5,448 Posts
hi xxluna
there are some safeguards in place to try to cut down if not eliminate spammers.

There are a number of us who know a bit about IGP and would love to share ideas. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures with Luna

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Car2ner,

Thank you for the information! I see that you are located in Maryland! I'm in D.C. so we are very local! Which IGP clubs are you in? This is my first time participating in IGP and have plans to meet with the Alexandria Schutzhund group next week. When the new pup comes in October, I will be starting IGP with him as well! Any advice on IGP/Schutzhund would be greatly appreciated! I am a complete newbie to the IGP world and I am so excited to be starting the journey!

·
Super Moderator
5,448 Posts
You are lucky that there are some very good clubs in the area. We used to work with https://www.facebook.com/wagclubdc/ and had some very good mentors there. It has been a few years since I've been there. We've switched sports to Man-trailing. It just fits into our current lifestyle better than IGP. Schutzhund is a good sport but hugely time consuming. Both you and your dogs have to enjoy putting in the work.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard only great things about that club! I've never heard of man-trailing. How do you like it? Yes, I heard IGP is a lifestyle, and we are truly excited to start!

·
Super Moderator
5,448 Posts
Man-trailing is like Search and Rescue. It is more of the hobby or sport end of it. But many people don't stay at that level. Many go on to get certified for Search and Rescue. Our club goes all over Southern Maryland setting up tracks and trails looking for "lost" people. If my dogs were ever called on to search I'd do it in a heartbeat BUT if it is a life and death situation I'd know it would be better if they had teams that practiced much more than I do. My dogs enjoy the work but their skills don't rival those of a hound or a shepherd that comes from a line of great scent work champions. Yet it is magical to watch them figure out where the heck someone is hiding by smelling the breeze, foot falls and curbs.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! Man trailing sounds like serious fun. We might have to try it. That is so awesome that you and your pups enjoy it!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I don't usually help with the names, because I think it's something that shouldn't be determined by strangers, but I'm bored so here's a few right off the top of my head:
Horace
Horatio
Halen (if you're a Van Halen fan)
Harris
Herschel
Hawkeye (if you like comic books)
Hershey (if you like chocolate)
Harley (there's a lot of Harleys)

And so on...good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts