German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
we are coming form Serbia, and we got almost 3 months old german shepherd female 0:). Her name is Kira, and shes perfect :) she already knows to go outside when she needs to, then sit, lay down, high five, and wait :grin2:
Only thing that worries me is her weight and height, shes around 10 kg and 37 cm height (i saw somewhere it should be more???)
Im glad we found this forum online, cose in serbia theres is no much people willing to share info about these beautiful breed :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
If she appears healthy, good coat, eats good quality food and is active she is better off being on the thin side and growing slowly..She is a cutie pie...as is her little girl!

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your puppy weighs just slightly less than mine did at that age, and my dog is now 80 lbs! It's always good to see puppies and small children interacting peacefully, great photo!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
It kind of looks like she is knuckling over in the two pictures where she is sitting. Has she been seen by a vet? Maybe she was just on the go when the pictures were taken or it's a bad angle. She is very cute anyway!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She's been at vet 2 times already to get shots. She had some crazy bump on her neck as reaction to it. So we r going again today. So far vet didn't said anything, but I'll ask today. And will get better pics, from side lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok here she is. Barely cought her lol we were at vet. She's 8.1 kg. He said she's great and there are no rules while they are growing. Anyway we got fatter food, so we will see

Attachments

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
She's adorable! I'm glad the vet says she is healthy. I definitely look forward to more pictures of her.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What a doll baby! Reminds me of my Kairo in both name and markings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
very cute GSD.

Serbia...very cool, my family is original from Croatia.

Welcome.
My pup Max is 8 months old and now 76lbs. I remember when he was that size.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome!! Good to see neighbours here ?
Will know weight tomorrow, but she sure will be big. 14 weeks and 42 cm ?
We have eating disorder atm lol (my father gave her bacon and she refuse her food now), she barely eats anything from my hand.
I laughed at her face when I gave her kibble (if I spelled it right), will take video tomorrow lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We came back from vet. She will be 15 weeks on monday, weight 21 lbs
Officially in freaking out. Have no idea how to feed her anymore. Was thinking to start giving her meat, but with 3 kids I have no time to cook 3 times per day for her and I'm sure she needs something beside meat.
Plus if I give her meat I'm sure she will never eat kibble again
Any advices?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Hello Sladjana, welcome to the forum! Congratulations on your GSD, they will protect you and your family with their LIFE. Your pup ridiculously look so much like mine during that age. Mine was only 25lb at 15 weeks, now he is 1 year and 1 week, 80lb and still growing.

Reading your threads, I don't understand why you are freaking out because 'she is 21lb and don't know what to feed her anymore'? What exactly did you mean by that? Is the food giving her negative outcomes? Is she not eating the food? What is there to freak out about?

I've been raising my pup since he was 7 1/2 weeks. The ONE thing I would change if I could go back in time, 1. is that I would NEVER start adding human food to his regular diet 2. Not change the kibble brand (if it works well).

I started with ONLY kibble when I brought him home, he loved it. For some reason, I added wet food to his diet when he was 5 months. Started adding fresh liver and sweet potatoes REGULARLY. Now, he NEVER will eat ONLY kibble. It has to be mixed with other stuff for him to want to eat it. He ain't even gonna eat it if he has not eaten for 4 days. Sometimes he doesn't even wanna eat either if it's only kibble + wet food, he needs to have other things like cheese, yoghurt, liver, raw egg, etc. Keep in mind all the add ons R good for the dogs, but I wouldn't have done it regularly. I've created myself a super picky eater and it is all my fault. I made him that way.

Now, I've bit by bit been trying to reset, and so far he's started to eat only kibble + wet food and cheese, which is a HUGE achievement.

The nutritions in good kibble and/or wet dog food is already balanced, you don't really need to add anything else on a regular basis. As a treat, probably. But not regularly that he learns and expects that he will eat with it each time.

Considering you have your whole family and a house to take care of, don't make your life miserable by extra cooking for your dog on top of it. She'll be perfectly happy eating dog food, and so will you. Trust me, if ever you decide to include human food and then one day you find her not eating because she is picky, it will ruin your day. She WILL grow, don't freak out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reading your threads, I don't understand why you are freaking out because 'she is 21lb and don't know what to feed her anymore'? What exactly did you mean by that? Is the food giving her negative outcomes? Is she not eating the food? What is there to freak out about?
Since my father gave her bacon she's refusing kibble. It last for last 5 days ?
She even stole piece of dry bred and eating it in backyard but still refuses kibbles. I'm cooking chicken soup( loads of it, so I can put it in freezer) to add it to kibbles. I'll get video later to show u guys her face when she sees only kibble lol
And she really looks skinny ?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Oh no... Shouldn't have done that... Ok, damage control! You can try pouring chicken broth over the kibble to make it mushy and smells better to her, but that is it. DON'T go beyond that. If she doesn't eat the kibble with broth and you add something else, she'd learn that 'whenever she gets bored of the food, she just stops eating and YOU will give her something NEW and BETTER. You don't want that!

Does she still eat treats though? If she does, she most definitely is being picky. If she still doesn't eat, let her not eat for 24-48 hours UNTIL she gives in and eats the kibble. She needs to learn that if she doesn't eat the food in the bowl, she doesn't eat. By not eating, I mean not eating. No treats. No tiny biscuit. Nothing. Let her give in to kibbles. You wouldn't want HER to control what she wants to eat, you're the boss! Not her.

And no she's not underweight. Yes she is still skinny but she is just a baby. Mine is a male and was only 45lb when he was 6 months. But between 6-7 months, he gained a good 13lb in just ONE month. Different dogs have different growth rate and metabolism.

If you see these photos, I believe you'd agree that mine looked so much like yours!

First 2 pics: around 3-4 months 24lb, 3rd pic: 6 months 45lb, last pic: 1 year and 1 week, 81lb. Lean and all muscle and still growing.

So try to stop worrying about the weight, honestly. Mine lost 7lb in 2 weeks because he was staying with a sitter and he just didn't eat. Gained it right back in a month. DSC_2797_1532243428354.jpg Just try and get her to eat good and let her grow on her own rate. DSC_2797_1532243428354.jpg DSC_2797_1532243428354.jpg DSC_2797_1532243428354.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts