German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I'm a first time GS owner and dog owner. I've had my dog about 7 months now and she is a rescue. She just turned 2 and her name is Lola
Hello, I'm also new to the forums, first time GSD owner and 1St time dog owner. I got mine when she was 6 and a half weeks, she 6 months now and her name is Stella. I also just learned that GSD are called land sharks which is very fitting as puppy Stella was a nightmare lol.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Howdy and welcome. Lot of good information around here, enjoy.
Lola, beautiful name! Now I've got the song in my head. lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. We rescued her from the animal shelter. And kept her original name since she seemed to know it. Plus it's not a bad name.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Welcome! Hope you find all the info you need here. Please share any pics you have of Lola!

·
Registered
624 Posts
She's beautiful! She looks so happy. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
nice, I haven't tried boots on my dogs. When the pavement gets too hot, it's too hot in general for my dogs. Especially my big-boy with his long coat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice, I haven't tried boots on my dogs. When the pavement gets too hot, it's too hot in general for my dogs. Especially my big-boy with his long coat.
I will check the weather in the morning and if it's going to be over 90 I walk her early in the morning. But the steps to our backyard are concrete and get super hot. She doesn't understand that I'm not letting her out because it's too hot and tries to run past me. She succeeded before I got her boots and burned her paws. Not badly because I yelled at her to go back inside but enough that they were rough. That's why I bought the boots

·
Registered
473 Posts
I think my dog would commit suicide before wearing those boots :LOL:
Luckily we walk 99% of the time through woods and on grass.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're supposed to ease them into it during a span of two weeks..... I didnt do that. Lol. I just let her sniff them for a while then put her foot inside without bucking them. I gave her a treat everytime she didnt fight or try to take them off. Then I buckled them and gave her more treats.. when she started trying to walk in them I didnt laugh at her and gave her even more treats when she walked to me. Then we went outside. When she realized that she could walk on the concrete without getting burned, she got super happy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts