German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I purchased my pup in February and was told he was full GSD, but as he grows it's obvious that he's mixed! He's extremely smart and very obedient, and most of all very easy to train. I took him to the vet a few months back and they're thinking he's mixed with Airedale Terrier. He's now nearly 7 months old, what are your thoughts? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Definitely not a GSD

As a child, there was a GSD x Airdale next to my grandmother's house, it looked nothing like your dog.

There is some sort of terrier breed in there, it could possibly be Cairn or Patterdale?

Looking at its tail, there could be more than two breeds in the mix.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
He's adorable, whatever he is.

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
I worked with an airedale/GSD cross that looked considerably different then yours. But wow you got a cute dog.
Incidently, I believe an airedales natural tail curls.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I really hate that they were deceptive! But we love him despite it all! I think I'll have a DNA test, I'm really curious about what he could be! Thanks for your responses!
If you DNA, don't forget to come back and tell us the results! I would never have guessed that your puppy would have grown into the dog that he did.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wonder if you could take any legal action under a trade description or sale of goods act? If you have such a law in your country and if you wanted to go that route?

Regardless, I hope your pup brings you years of joy.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts