German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got my first puppy he is a 60 days old German shepherd, it's been like a very tough week when first I brought him from the shop he was very active but being a new owner I didn't realize that he has a very bad case of worms so I took him to the vet the next day after noticing that he didn't eat much but his stomach is bloated and he looks sad, the vet gave him couple of small brown liquid cups and 4 small shots in the legs he seemed very fine after, the next day I've found worms in the feces, so I went back and the vet gave him a shot under the skin of his neck, oh and at first he has only one ear up and the other is still flabby, today he is very energetic and the second ear is up.

being a new dog owner I really want the best for him so I'm following the vet's diet giving him only skinless boneless boiled chicken breasts about 500 grams/meal 3 times a day and plenty of fresh water all the time.

I've also put a puppy flea collar on him.

so please help me to know what to give him besides chicken breasts, and what vaccinations should be given to him at what time of his life?

I'll be posting pictures very soon :)

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Welcome!

What country do you live in? That will help people understand b/c we have access to a lot of different foods, etc. here in the U.S.

Also, I would remove the flea collar. Those don't work and can actually be dangerous because of the chemicals on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the reply I live in Qatar in the middle east, the food market is limited we don't have so many pet owners, I will remove the collar thanks for the advice, I can order medications, supplies from the US market but the food could be expensive with shipping added so I'm trying to give him the best fresh cooked food that I can make.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Agree with above poster.

It is good/normal for a pupy with worms to poop out worms after being given a dewormer. Make sure you clean the poop up and keep the area clean. Your vet should want to take a couple of additional fecal exams to make sure all the worms are gone.

The ears may go up and down more all through teething (usually around 5 months of age)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts