German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have just joined the group, and felt it was only polite to introduce myself!

My name is Alison, and I live on the beautiful, wind-swept east coast of Scotland.

I am the devoted owner of two wonderful dogs - Polly, a 5 year old dainty, utterly sweet little rescue black Labrador, and Seitheach, a one year old , medium coat male German Shepherd (his name is Gaelic for Wolf).

Both my wee beasts are the sweetest, most loving dogs I could ever hope to find.

I have owned a German shepherd before, my beautiful rescue girl, Sasha, who I lost two years ago at the age of 8 after two years of unconditional love from her - she had so many health issues, hip dysplasia, degenerative myelopathy and epilepsy - a dreadful combination that ultimately could not be controlled despite battling very hard for a long time - in the end I had to let her go.

I think that experience has made me very careful and worried about any possible health issues in my young GSD - I watch him all the time for problems (not little Polly, she is the picture of health and vitality!)

I went to a breeder to get him, his parentage has great hip scores, excellent health and temperament, etc.

But I am possibly a little over-protective (or paranoid???), so I have joined this forum in the hope that I can learn from the experience of all the members here, who will hopefully keep me and my pup right.

Thanking you all in advance for any advice you are kind enough to offer.

Alison

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:welcome: We'd love to see photos!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome Alison!

Scotland is a beautiful country. And your pups sound like such sweet, dear creatures :)

Show us some pics of your babies in that beautiful landscape you have!

Amy, and my pack:

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, New member From Scotland

Hello, thank you all for your warm and kind welcome!

I will try to post some pics of my pups tomorrow, I have some lovely photos of them at the nearby beach and forest - but I'm a bit useless with technology!!

Alison

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
Welcome Allison!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One Year Old GSDThin At Back End

Hello, here is a pic of my pups - a little out of date, Seitheach is about 6 months old here. Can anyone tell me how to set a photo to my profile to appear with every post, rather than in the actual message itself?

Sorry, pretty clueless at this kind of thing:confused:

Alison

Attachments

·
Registered
32,016 Posts
I think this is what you can do.

On the bar that lists Home, Forum, Active Topics, Photo Gallery, User CP, etc. choose User CP.

Then, on your left, There are various settings you can edit. Choose, Edit Avatar, and then you can upload your picture as an avatar though you may have to resize it, not sure.

Pretty coatie and friend there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Welcome from Canada, Alison! Your puppers are gorgeous - looking forward to more photos. I love Seitheach's ear floofies. How do you pronounce his name?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your advice re my pictures - having a bit of trouble (ancient Mac computer).
Quinnsmom, your pup is a real beauty too. Seitheach's name is pronounced Shay-ach (as in the Scottish pronunciation of "loch"). A bit of a mouthful I do admit!
He does have the loveliest floofiest ears - and lovely crimped bits behind them too!
Alison

1 - 11 of 11 Posts