German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, and thank you for this forum. I wish I had found it a year ago. I am from the central valley of California. I have Raven, 14 mo. GSD. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures, I will. She does look alot like "Lucy" on another thread Ive seen.

I have not had a dog in over 30 years, my house was broked into and I decided I needed a "guard dog" As a child we had a GSD, so thats what I wanted. Iam one of those people that did no research on the breed or anything, just went and got her.

I have read books, but I just recently learned how to use this computer, so never thought there was a web site for GSD. I have alot of reading to do on this site, especially regarding her diet. I give her the Nutro with glucosamine and has picture of GSD on it. (She does enjoy a plain hamburger from Carl Juniors once in a while though) I have TONS of questions for all you I dont even know where to start!!! LOL

But so much for her being a "guard dog", everytime she hears my car keys, shes ready to go. Shes never home to guard the house, shes always with me...LOL Plus, she thinks shes a little lap dog, she now weighs 89 lbs, and vet says she looks good. How long will she continue to grow?

I dont have papers on her, but she is absoultely BEAUTIFUL. I need to work with her more, because she doesnt always listen, especially when she see's a cat. It does scare me, cuz" Iam afraid she will hurt the cat if she catches one.

I am so glad I found this site, most of my family and friends dont understand how "crazy" Iam about my girl...LOL I look forward to learning sooo much from all of you, please give me some pointers if you have any.

THANK YOU,
Robin

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome: I drove to Napa (from Kansas City) with my 1st GS when she was 5 months...Lupa was an awesome travel companion!

One of my friends forwarded this link on how to download pictures. It's great for explaining...I kept thinking I should be able to browse, and upload from my computer directly to here...but that isn't how it works! You need to set up an acct. w/photobucket. Take a look at this info. If you have any questions ask...

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubb...ge=1#Post799247

1 - 5 of 5 Posts