German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am about to get my very first german shepherd puppy in a little over 2 weeks! I am so excited about her, I can not wait to take her home when she is old enough!

We decided on a GSD because we had been wanting a large breed dog that was a loyal and protective companion. I was very attracted to how loyal they are because my sheltie just passed away two month ago at the age of 13, and he was like my shadow.

I'm used to puppy proofing my home, as well as all that comes with getting a new puppy (that's nothing new for me, I've always owned dogs haha.) However, I have never owned a German Shepherd puppy, so I wanted to know if anyone had advice from raising their own little (or big rather!) GSDs.

I also have an image of my girl from the breeder! (I believe she is about 5 weeks old in the picture.)

Thanks,
Jennifer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Welcome!

She is stunning and you've found the best place to get info about raising your GS puppy. Look around in the puppy forums and you'll find loads of great information and tips, the collective knowledge of the people in these forums is amazing!

To cut down the wait you can always go and buy loads of great toys for the pup

Be sure to post loads of pictures when you get her!

-thomas-

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
and
on your new family member.

You will learn a lot from going through the threads and postings. There's a lot of great information and stories in the puppy section that you can learn from (and commiserate with!)

And of course we expect to see you in the pictures forum!

·
Registered
11,280 Posts

She is adorable and Congrats

·
Registered
238 Posts
She is sooooo cute! Our GS is now 6 months and my advice is to ask lots of questions. GS puppies are not like other puppies. Their minds go all of the time. They are kind of like Superman (leap tall buildings in a single bound, etc.) LOL. Good Luck and welcome.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts