German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i have a 12 month old long haired called Rex we have had him six months, and our his third owners, we are having problems with bitting and recall, i am sure these are all the usual problems people have had.i was taking him to an x police dog trainer but due to shifts etc it was only me going and not my wife or 15 year old son.He bit my wife quite badly recently and i think he was shocked at what he had done as he was very quiet for a few days.My wife and son are too scared to take him out on their own now so everything is down to me.After Christmas we are going to try and find a local trainer that we can all go to.Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks carl

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Welcome Carl!
I would start practicing NILIF asap~the whole family should be involved in this. What are the reasons he has been rehomed so many times? What was going on when he bit your wife?

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I think you should start a thread in the aggression forum on the problem you are having with Rex, it may get better exposure, and you'll get more advice there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts