German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a lifelong dog-lover based in England. Although my current pup (Vixen... see attached pics!) is technically my first GSD, I have had them in the family house before, just not as the primary caregiver. Witnessing the unique bond that develops between GSDs and their owners made me certain that my next dog would be a GSD. It took me 4 years of grieving for my Labrador cross before I was ready to open my heart again, and I’m so glad that I did! Vixen Inka brings me joy every day... even when I’m tearing my hair out with frustration as she tears up the garden!!
At time of writing, she’s 5 months old, her ears have finally stopped doing ridiculously cute things, and I’m just starting to see a hint of teen rebellion as she tests her boundaries (no, you are not allowed to chew your lead; no, you are definitely NOT allowed up on the sofa; no, stop chasing the cats!). That said, her favourite place to be is at my heel; I sometimes think I should have called her Shadow! I’m loving introducing my happy bouncy friend to the world, and seeing it through her eyes as she experiences things for the first time.
The long-term goal is to train her to be a certified therapy dog here in the UK, so any tips on training are always gratefully accepted. But for now, I just wanted to introduce her to the World Wide Web!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome! I have a daughter in Edinburgh, and another in London. In the second photo, have to love Vixen's optimism in wanting to engage with the cat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! I have a daughter in Edinburgh, and another in London. In the second photo, have to love Vixen's optimism in wanting to engage with the cat.
The cat (Michelangelo) is still unimpressed. Vixen would still like to play. ;)
I sometimes make it to London to visit friends & would love to visit Edinburgh one day.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome.

Will she be a therapy dog for yourself or a P.A.T dog visiting others?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome.

Will she be a therapy dog for yourself or a P.A.T dog visiting others?

At the moment she’s functioning as an emotional support dog for me but the ultimate goal is to get her P.A.T. certified & visiting others. She gives me a reason to get up every morning, and to smile throughout the day, and I’d love to be able to share that with other people.

·
Registered
188 Posts
At the moment she’s functioning as an emotional support dog for me but the ultimate goal is to get her P.A.T. certified & visiting others. She gives me a reason to get up every morning, and to smile throughout the day, and I’d love to be able to share that with other people.
I wish you both the best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts