German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, im Chris and from NY. Just bought my first house and in the next year or so would like to add a buddy to my place. Grew up around dogs but never was fortunate enough to have a german shepherd.

I am hoping to learn some things about these amazing dogs and also locate a breeder that specializes in larger than normal german shepards. Ive skimmed around the internet and have heard of breeders able to get them to be 100-140lbs instead of the standard AKC 75-85.

Not sure how this goes so just kinda wingin it and figured I might as well put what im lookin for lol.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Welcome!

Be a huge help to all of us if you'd put your GENERAL location up on your User CP. For instance are you in NY near me in NE PA? Or way far away in the upper northwest part of the state!????

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hi,Welcome. Congrats on buying your first house.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome from a fellow NYer :)

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Thanks for adding the Corning, NY (now I am going to find where that is :) )

·
Registered
32,556 Posts
Hi! I work in Elmira and am in Corning on business quite often!

Can I ask why you want a dog that is so much larger than standard? My concern is that you are not going to find a reputable breeder if they are breeding larger dogs.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Hey there :welcome: aboard :)
I'm sorry to tell you but I do not think you will find any reputable/serious GSD breeders that will offer dogs of that size. If you do find a breeder that consistently breeds oversized dogs you will more likely than not run into problems. My advice is to seek out a reputable breeder in your area and stick to the standard. Good Luck

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
HELLO AND WELCOME! :greet:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts