German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. Looking very forward to being a member. I have lost all 3 all of my German Shepherds in 1 year and am hoping that I can get some happiness reading about all of yours. I have been through so much this past year and am happy I found this site!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Welcome Aboard!! I am sorry for your loss of 3 :( I hope you open your heart up to another one someday.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, unfortunately I fear I am not able to deal with another loss. My first loss was my girl of 8 yrs, she died from Perri Anal Fistulas. Four months went by and we got a 10 wk old puppy from a breeder that sold him to us with a neurological problem, and after only 10 weeks he had to be put down he was unable to walk at all and the neurologist said that said there was not hope for him. Then on Fathers day weekend we brought our girl, never imagining that anything could happen after the first two strange circumstances, with in 1 day she woke up with terrible diarrhea, I immediately took her to the vet and he ran tests, she tested positive for a parasite "Coccidia" she developed an " "intussusception" and the first surgery was done tuesady, it was successfull, by Friday she was passing alot of blood so the vet operated on her again, the first surgery was already healing but she developed a second "intussusception and did not survive that surgery, it was just to much for the little one to take, she was only 8 weeks old. This has been the most horrible thing I have been through. I am hoping that my experiences will help educate others on illnesses that are common in the breed. So if you don't know what any of the above are, when you have some time you should check them out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi and welcome
I'm so sorry this is really terrible. I hope one day I future you can get another dog that will make you truly happy. Meanwhile have fun reading about all the dogs here.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
So very sorry about your losses! It is hard enough letting go of one....

Hope you enjoy reading about all the dogs on here....and maybe in time you will be able to open up your heart to another dog again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts