German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there....

My name is Techie and I adopted a GSD this weekend from a shelter in Alabama. The dog that shall rename nameless (aka the puppy previously know as AJ) was found at the side of the road by AL shelter personnel. An rescue agency in VT (that has an office in AL) listed him on Petfinder, and he was driven up to New England over the weekend. And now the cutie is mine!

From the local vets' commentary, Pumpkin (I think that will be his new name, since he was adopted just before Halloween) is approx 8 weeks old. He looks to be about 10lbs and 10 inches tall. He's a bit scared, but coming around. Tricolor with beautiful markings.

He's my first dog as an adult. But my parents were breeders of GSDs back in the 70s, and I co-parented an Aussie for about 2 years. I know a bit about what I am getting into, but I am sure the fun is just beginning.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
:welcome: Techie with Pumpkin! And Happy Halloween to you both!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:welcome: Techie with Pumpkin! And Happy Halloween to you both!

Hi Mary Beth, thank you. Happy Halloween to you as well.

I should say he is probably a GSD mix. I will never know 300%, but at 8 weeks, he already can follow 'down' (from paws on the couch), flat hands palm down is 'calm', and slap hand on hip is 'come here', she has GOT to have some working dog in him.

Now if I can only coax her him to the door for potty training.

Pics should be approved shortly :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts