German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted the puppy, Lexie off the Craigslist...some people wanted to trade a GS pup for a Nintendo Switch, we didn’t have that but some robots that kids didn’t play with and I thought it’s some kind of joke but nope, a family with 5 little kids ages from newborn to 9 gave us Lexie in exchange for the toys and unexpectedly she is a great pup, very sweet, gentle, friendly, playful, will be 3 months Nov 5 and we had her for 3 weeks. She is doing well with potty/crate and leash training. I will try to figure out how to post pics, she is a beautiful pup. I guess we got lucky so far(knock on a wood).

·
Registered
828 Posts
Kids and their video games...smh. I never see kids playing outside anymore. Anyway, what a cute pup! I think you got the better of the deal whatever you traded for her. My guess...they probably didn't know what to do with all that biting and/or they didn't know it was going to be that much work to raise a pup. Did you get any papers or info on her parents or anything like that?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
She is cute!

As a kid, if my parents had let me choose between a puppy and a video game...are you kidding?!!
( My poor parents, we had our Great Dane, a couple of rescue kittens I found in the street, a series of escapee hamsters, guinea pigs, fish...)

Anyway I think you definitely got the better entertainment there...

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Oh boy interesting barter. I would keep this a secret from Lexi. Lol. Such a cutie it looks like you made out in the deal. Craigslist is not a safe place to find homes for dogs or buy as many are stolen pets but it sounds like Lexi is lucky to have found a good home.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am so sorry guys, thank you for all your welcoming posts. I was not able to log in to respond. Sent twice a note to moderators with no response. So I gave up on logging in and was just browsing and learning. And today I decided to try again and it worked.
Well, Lexie is 4m.o and 48+ pounds. So far she is a great dog. And very photogenic!)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
She is doing well with our 3 cats, they are adjusting slowly from ignoring, playfully chasing or hissing, but she is just a big curious pup that wants to play and doesn’t mean to hurt them at all. Although I supervise her interactions with them, just because the oldest one is almost 11y.o.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I will get logged out again I just wanted to mention a few things.
Lexie eats a lot and it’s probably at this point 4 cups of Fromm, 6 patties of Stella dry freeze food, 4 large Instinct raw patties, not to mention milk bones, marrow bones, bullie sticks etc.
She is doing great as far as potty training, we allow her to sleep in the living room, she was sleeping in her crate for a while but now she is fine, she doesn’t destroy anything- had plenty of bones to chew. She can sleep from 9p.m till 8 a.m with no accidents.
She walks great on the leash. She is very friendly with all the kids, people... she barked at 2 people entering our house... while she was licking their hands.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure how to edit it to delete the pic but it’s funny how they can still squeeze into a tinybed that they used to love

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
She is gorgeous. You were very lucky to get her. I agree, you got the best end of the trade. A family with 5 young children doesn’t have time for a puppy like that anyway, so both came out ahead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts