German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've posted a couple times but I should probably introduce myself, huh?

My name is Jessica (although, only my mom calls me that). I am married and have three kids. We are from Cali, but moved to this little bitty podunk town in AR a couple years ago.

Charlie is our baby, we got him when he was 8 weeks old. I was on CL looking for a crate for my inlaws and stumbled upon a post about a man who had a GSD puppy that needed a home right away. He posted a couple pictures and I fell in love. He said his wife's family breeds GSD's and he got this one but already had one and he didn't feel like he could take care of it. For all I know it was bull, but hey, I got sucked in! We drove all the way out to Joplin and picked him up.

He has been so great to us. He fits in perfectly with our family and we just love him SO much.

We don't have a lot of money, so training hasn't happened. I know that some of you are very passionate about the dogs being trained, but I'm doing the best I can.

His vet loves him about as much as we do :) He has checked out health wise and has a great tempermant (sp?).

He does do some general stuff, sitting, speaking, laying down, shaking, hugging, leave it...I can't seem to get him to stop jumping or "play biting" as hard as I try. He does great on a leash, pulls every now and then. He loves to run with me (unless it's cold, he hates the cold!)

Ok, baby is calling, so I need to run, but I wanted to say hi and let you know a little bit about us!

:)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Welcome! You can look on youtube for a lot of training help, especially if you want to use clicker training. Also check out Michael Ellis videos on leerburg.com. There's a lot of help right here on the training forum too. Sounds like you've got a great dog

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you or DID you clicker train? I can get one on like Ebay or Amazon or PetCo's website, right?

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts