German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just regestered this morning. My name is Alecia and my fiance's name is James, we have 2 girls aged 10months and 2.5 years. We just recently brought home our first GSD (Kato) he is 5.5 months old and is wonderful, especially since he seems to be passing his nippy stage. We purchased him from Alpenhof Kennels his sire is X-Box Dei Precision and his dame is Trude Vom Haus Dexel. My partner has had GSD crosses before but this is my first. I am still learning a lot about Shepherd's and have a lot more to learn. They are definitely different from any other dog I have ever owned or grown up with. I'm still a little nervous as my parents are always at me about him being an aggressive breed and he's going to hurt the children. I am hoping that Kato will change their minds about these breeds and I'm hoping their opinion never comes true. Buuut I'm sure that's enough about me and my family for now lol.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Welcome! I seriously doubt that pup will ever do anything but love those kids. I have three gsds and all are great with kids.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi there, also from Ontario :)
I grew up with a gsd as a best friend and a family member that bred them and can honestly say they are AMAZING dogs with children. Don't worry about that :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from Markham! Most well-socialized GSDs do very well with young family members. Do keep Kato well supervised when he is with the kids - he is still a baby and they are young too. My daughter and I each have a GSD, same breeder, different litters. They have both been fabulous with her two year old right from the beginning. Let's see some photos!

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Hello from another Ontario-nion (?:))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts