German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd just update. I am struggling with this kidney still. The tubes in my belly are quite painful and have been making me bleed in my belly, but I need them so that this kidney can heal enough for the surgery to remove the kidney stone/boulder. The stone in my kidney is now about the size of a ping pong ball, so yeah, that hurts too. But, I have to do things with a flair! I was diagnosed with SHINGLES yesterday. The right side of my face is blistered. And it hurts. I am a grumpy person right now, lol.

I GRADUATED! I have my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice!

And Genali. geesh. She is full of it. Yesterday she was zooming and got a little wild. We had to have a come to Jesus because she just about knocked me over. THEN it dawned on me that she is big enough that she could just about knock me over! WHEN did that happen? It was all of a sudden, but she has gotten huge.

I've started her on a flirt pole, if nothing else but to tire this pup out! She loves the flirt pole. I'll have someone hold her and flip the lure around a little, then she goes crazy and starts barking, so we turn her loose on it. Housetraining is going well, but I still have to watch her pretty good. AND she is FINALLY starting to shed some of that puppy fuzz.

Her breeder came by to visit us the other day. I see him on a regular basis because we work together, but he hasn't seen Genali in 2 months. He was shocked at how big she was, lol. I was surprised at Genali's reaction. SHe is pretty standoffish with people outside of the home, but she saw him and could hardly contain herself. She got so excited that she peed! She most definitely remembered him, and it was a sweet little reunion. I really didn't expect her to remember him, but she did.

Anyway, that's about it. Spending most of my time in the recliner because it hurts to move right now. I did manage to work a few hours (desk job YUK) the other day. Its hard being out of work. I worry about my squad mates being short handed. But Genali has learned to sit in my lap quietly. SHe won't fit much longer so I am treasuring it while I can!

Hope you are all well! I'll upload a pic of Genali if the site will let me.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I'm sorry you are suffering. Sometimes we have to go through things in life to come out the other side. At least you have your puppy to distract you and love you. There is nothing like puppy therapy. :)

Reactions: Genalis_mom

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Congrats on the Bachelor's! I hope your health issues are resolved quickly, but it's refreshing to hear that Genali is is keeping you company and helping you heal. GSDs are the best!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Wow-- Congrats on the Bachelors Degree..... considering the health issues you're suffering through---very impressive....Get Well Quick
BTW... if anyone ever tells you that you're not tough.....They're lying ! :smile2:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am out of the hospital, and the stone is GONE. Its been a rough recovery. I haven't eaten much in three days and I am pretty wobbly. RIght now, I am living off saltine crackers and sprite. yum. The saltines seem to be helping with the nausea though. BUT, I am in less pain! WOOT WOOT! Heading in the right direction!

Genali is well, Genali. SHe has gotten HUGE in the past week. Oh my gosh, how she is growing! THe dog is just strange. She has figured out how to "hand" me the end of the toilet paper when I go to the bathroom. But, she does not seem to get that I don't need toilet paper when I am in the shower, lol. SHe was a little traumatized yesterday, but in a funny way. I ended up with some pretty severe nausea, which resulted in some violent vomiting episodes. Of course, Genali has to go to the bathroom with me everytime I go, so she ended up witnessing what surely looked like my face exploding. SHe FREAKED OUT. She started barking like I have never heard her bark, and would run out of the bathroom into the living room (where my husband was) and then back into the bathroom, barking her head off the whole time. Hubby finally came in to see if that would calm her down, but it did not. Lol, poor girl came in there with me every time I got sick, and freaked out like that everytime.

SHe is adjusting well to modified playtime. We can play fetch while I am seated, but she had to learn to place the ball in my hand instead of dropping it at my feet. I can do the flirt pole from a chair as well, but she takes advantage of my limited mobility lol. RIght now, she is having a jealous streak a mile wide. Turtle, the ancient cat, is having some cognitive issues and has become a Velcro cat. So, as soon as I sit down, the cat attaches to my leg. Genali responds by getting the zoomies, and barking one solid bark each time she passes by us. Strange girl!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I am out of the hospital, and the stone is GONE. Its been a rough recovery. I haven't eaten much in three days and I am pretty wobbly. RIght now, I am living off saltine crackers and sprite. yum. The saltines seem to be helping with the nausea though. BUT, I am in less pain! WOOT WOOT! Heading in the right direction!

Genali is well, Genali. SHe has gotten HUGE in the past week. Oh my gosh, how she is growing! THe dog is just strange. She has figured out how to "hand" me the end of the toilet paper when I go to the bathroom. But, she does not seem to get that I don't need toilet paper when I am in the shower, lol. SHe was a little traumatized yesterday, but in a funny way. I ended up with some pretty severe nausea, which resulted in some violent vomiting episodes. Of course, Genali has to go to the bathroom with me everytime I go, so she ended up witnessing what surely looked like my face exploding. SHe FREAKED OUT. She started barking like I have never heard her bark, and would run out of the bathroom into the living room (where my husband was) and then back into the bathroom, barking her head off the whole time. Hubby finally came in to see if that would calm her down, but it did not. Lol, poor girl came in there with me every time I got sick, and freaked out like that everytime.

SHe is adjusting well to modified playtime. We can play fetch while I am seated, but she had to learn to place the ball in my hand instead of dropping it at my feet. I can do the flirt pole from a chair as well, but she takes advantage of my limited mobility lol. RIght now, she is having a jealous streak a mile wide. Turtle, the ancient cat, is having some cognitive issues and has become a Velcro cat. So, as soon as I sit down, the cat attaches to my leg. Genali responds by getting the zoomies, and barking one solid bark each time she passes by us. Strange girl!
Glad to hear you're back and doing better! Aw it sounds like Genali is worried about you and trying to get help! What a good girl! I can't imagine trying to deal with what you're going through right now and having a pup her age, hang in there! It gets so much better when they hit a year mark and even better when they're two!

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Glad you're on the road to recovery.Having your obviously positive attitude is half of the battle:)Genalis sounds like so much fun!

·
Super Moderator
4,810 Posts
all that and you still take the time to catch up with us. Woot! I don't like that you aren't feeling well but you write with such warmth and humor is still made me smile. Looking forward to those pictures.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Wow, a ping-pong size stone---that sounds intense. Plus shingles. Not fun. :( I'm glad you had the surgery and hope you start feeling better soon! Genali sounds like a wonderful pup. I'm sure it's hard to entertain a pup when you're not feeling well, but she's probably a pretty good distraction at least.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well done on the Bachelor degree! Thats awesome!

Sorry you are so unwell, I hope you start feeling better soon.

Genali sounds like a riot, poor thing was worried about you.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got to take a REAL shower today! Washed my hair and everything. It was H.E.A.V.E.N. well, until Genali got in with me. :surprise:

She gets her rabies shot today! Then we are through with her puppy shots. We have an appointment with the IPO trainer on Monday! I am so excited! And nervous. I don't usually get nervous. I work in a jail for Heaven's sake. I deal with really bad guys on a regular basis. I am usually steady as a rock, but I am NERVOUS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts