German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and a relatively new G.S owner. I was searching on how much to feed and found this great forum. Anyway, I got my dog Skeeter in April of '17. Me and some buddies were on a camping/ dirt biking trip and this puppy was hanging around camp one afternoon. Mind you, we were'nt in a "campground" per se, but kinda out in the sticks. So, I gave him some water and he hung around all night. The next day we went out riding for a good portion of the day, and when we got back, he was still there. I had to leave that evening but one of my friends was staying one more night. I told him if the puppy is still here, bring him to my house. The rest is history.LOL. First dog of my very own that I've ever had. I love this guy beyond what I could ever have imagined! I took him to a vet right away and had him checked out, (8 months old) and checked for a chip. Nada. We did what we could to find his owner, but, to no avail. I guess it was meant to be. The 1st pic was the first day that I had him. The 2nd pic was 2 months and 11 lbs later.

I'm not sure of his breed. He is definitley some kinda shepherd and black lab, I think. He has the coat of a lab anyway.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I had a lab/shepherd mix growing up. She was awesome.

She had the playful friendlyness of a lab with the intensity and focus of a shepherd. That girl could get into some serious mischief if left alone for more than a few hours.

It probably didn't help that she and I were unsupervised for a couple of hours after school before mom and dad got home.... it was the 80's. We got into our share of mischief together.

Reactions: JimBob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I might be a bit biased, but, he is one of the most photogenic dogs I've ever had personal contact with. This is from last summer. This was several months after I got him just playing down at the river.

This was last summer we were just out playing and I snapped a few pics with my old phone.

One of my favs

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
It’s hard to tell but he could be a purebred working line dog. Other than the white spot and a slight difference around the eyes, he resembles many all black short haired working lines.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya? I've thought about doing a dna test. Whats the difference around the eyes mean?
Whoever had him before me had already house trained him and taught him how to sit and a couple other little things.

It’s hard to tell but he could be a purebred working line dog. Other than the white spot and a slight difference around the eyes, he resembles many all black short haired working lines.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I personally don’t see a purebred shepherd. I see a bully/shepherd mix. His face and body are off to me. No matter what he is, I’m glad he found you! Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: JimBob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had people ask if he has pit in him. Sometimes when he looks at me and his ears are laid back, I can see a pitt face so I can understand people asking that question.

I personally don’t see a purebred shepherd. I see a bully/shepherd mix. His face and body are off to me. No matter what he is, I’m glad he found you! Welcome to the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts