German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! :D

My wife and I have been 'trolling' here for a little while and just joined up.

We have a female Silver Sable GSD named Gretchen who's only 2.5 years old. She is just the smartest girl! She's the 1st GSD we've ever had and we just didn't know what we were missing!

Her full, official name is: 'Konkolich's Gretchen Suzette Von Oufhousen'. The last part of her name refers to the fact that she was from a farm in Iowa where the dogs are housed outside. On one hand she came home already housebroken, as her parents taught the pups to do their 'business' in the mulch along one side of their enclosure. :D. On the other hand, she had absolutely NO idea what 'inside' was. She came home with us and preceded to sit at the patio door and whine until we let her out where she would promptly lie down and fall asleep. :rolleyes:

She's a really good girl and it took her until yesterday to steal a sandwich of mine from the coffee table. :smirk: When I realized it was missing I looked at her and asked where it was and she ran to 'Momma' to save her. I didn't yell at her, I just asked and she knew she did a 'no-no'. Running to 'Momma' and burying herself beneath/behind her is Gretchen's MO when 'Master' is upset with her. :D

We hope to be positive contributors to the community as well as learn from any and all of you, our newest friends.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome! sounds like you have one smart cookie there!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Howdy, neighbor. I grew up in Barrington and most of my family is now in Lake In the Hills. I have a sister in Cary. I'm over in your neck of the woods quite often.

Welcome!:)

And we love pictures!!!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Welcome! I'm just south east of y'all, down Northwest highway. I think we'll have to start a Northwest suburbs dog club soon. LOL.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome EdBud and Gretchen! :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hello and welcome from Northern Illinois :D

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Welcome and PICTURES are now needed !!! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!! As everyone has stated we just love pics here!! We want to see your sandwich stealing baby!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Welcome to the forum EdBud and Gretchen ... :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, guys!

Pics will be forthcoming and I promise to include 1 or 2 of the cat, Princess. She' s a character too.

My daughter put up the one pic of Gretchen we have on our livingroom computer. She's lounging on HER chair. I never thought I' d be the kind of person to keep a piece of furniture solely for use by one of my animals (?).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome from Illinois too, we are west of you near Rockford. You will find there are a lot of us that just live for our dogs and yes we even have furniture for our dogs too...lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts