German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, hello. It's been a very long time since I have been active on the board. Life got in the way, then I had to wipe my phone to unlock it for an international trip and couldn't remember my password.

But I am back. Woohoo. Lots has changed. My wonderful girl B'Lena zu treuenhanden passed away at 12. She was such a light in my life and I miss her everyday.

But, I got a new puppy from the same breeder, a great grand nephew. His name is Jack and he is something special. Just under 5 months of pure heathenism and terror and joy.

He is madly in love with my boy Nix and everyone gets along super.

I have retired from SAR, needed to not have a life and death expectation in my life. So Jack will do either IPO or Ring. I haven't figured out which yet. Plus he will do Nosewirks and I am looking into SAR titles. But we will see where training takes us.

So without further ado. Here is Jackson zu treuenhanden. And one of Nix too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Welcome back!

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your new pup is gorgeous.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Jackson. :wub: Hope he is sweeter than his brother. LOL

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
I was wondering what had happened to you Sam! So sorry about B'Lena. :( I just lost Gryff recently and suddenly to hemangiosarcom a few months ago.

But glad to see a little hellion filling your life - sounds like my kind of pupp! Congrats!

·
Super Moderator
6,365 Posts
Welcome back!Glad things are smoothing out for you.Jack is a cutie:)

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was wondering what had happened to you Sam! So sorry about B'Lena. /forum/images/smilies/frown.gif I just lost Gryff recently and suddenly to hemangiosarcom a few months ago.

But glad to see a little hellion filling your life - sounds like my kind of pupp! Congrats!

Oh no! So sorry for your loss of Griff. Hemangiosarcoma is such a horrid cancer. I lost my boy Ike to it years ago.

·
Super Moderator
32,283 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I'm sorry about the loss of your girl. :(

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everyone. I am glad to be back.

I lost Lena about month after I lost a "estate" dog named Wicket. I used to Kennel sit fir a wonderful breeder of Dandie Dinmont terriers. When she passed away unexpectedly, one of her old/blind dogs had nowhere to go, so I took her. She was with me fir 2 years. Losing her was super hard, because it was losing a great friend all over again. Then to top it off, Lena.

I didn't deal with it well.

I do want to shout out to Lisa Clark. LHCZTH on the board. I got Lena from her, and she was soooooooo supportive of all my struggles of not only Lena but other dogs.

When she had the litter with Jack, we talked a lot. I LOVED the pedigree as it not only brought Lena's lines in but went back to Lord(who my heart dog Ike was by). I wanted a pup so bad.

I am so thrilled with the pup she "picked" for me. Though when I went to pick a pup I had a choice. She said "I really think 6 is the one for what you want". And boy was she right. From the first meeting. He was my pup. No question.

He has really healed my heart in ways I didn't expect. I didn even realize it was so broken.

He is bad, he is mouthy, he is loud and opinionated. He is PERFECT!!! I mean, he comes when I call "hey dingleberry!"

I joke that Nix was a "lump" of a puppy. He just was. A very easy puppy. Jack is not. He is in everything, he digs, he barks, he is in constant motion. But he is smart as a whip. He WANTS to learn. He LOVES to learn. He is fun and social and a joy(well most of the time)

Sorry. TL:DR

I am glad to be back to share my adventures with my new boy who will go far, if I don't get in his way.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts