German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just joined - looking forward to being a part of the community. I have one full-blooded GSD names Aries that is about a year old and one GSD/Husky/Rottie mix named Letty that I adopted almost two years ago and is probably six or seven years old. They are both my kids - as I have none of those! - and I love them to pieces!

My puppy recently started showing signs of pano, which is why I became interested in the forums. I've learned a lot about the breed and looking to learn more :)

I've attached a pic of Aries w/ my niece - they both are so great w/ kids!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Welcome Indiana! I went thru Pano with my old guy, Pyrate. I just kept giving him glucosamine and chondroiten (sorry can't spell) supplement through it. My vet said it was okay to give him buffered aspirin but it didn't seem to help much. I did get a light dose of Remedyl for him then but didn't use it much. It lasted a few months before he didn't have it at all but it went from leg to leg during that time. I massaged him with warm towels and mainly took it easy on walks when he was hurting. He did get over it eventually but it seemed like forever at the time. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Hope your Letty starts to feel better . I believe there are some past threads on pano plus you can always start a thread . People here have alot of ecperience like Pryatemom.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Welcome! I am from southern Indiana. I do not have kids either, so like you, my GSD, my husband's cowdog and our kitties are our babies. Hope you enjoy this forum as there are a bunch of great people here who are always willing to help and share their experiences.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Welcome to you all! I'm sorry to hear about the Pano.

My dogs are my only kids too. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I love pictures of dogs and kids together, though.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome, and thanks for sharing your handsome guy with us. :greet:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts