German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This place is a wealth of knowledge, I have learned so much in such a short time. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

My name is Deno, my wife Geneva and I are on our 3rd pair of Black German Shepherds. My beloved Jet passed away Christmas Eve of 2011.

I cried for days and I am not the crying type. I swore I would never own another dog, no way could I ever put myself and my family through this ever again.

As fate would have it we were broken into in spite of an advanced security system on April 20th, 2012. My wife and daughter were uneasy with this to say the least and they demanded we get another Big Bad German Shepherd.

I was on tilt from the break in and at the nagging of those 2, I found myself at a backyard breeders house that some what resembled a puppy mill.

Both parents were on site and the father was the biggest badest and ugilest
German Shepherd I had ever seen, he had a short stubby nose and he looked like a Chow, the mother was so so.

Like I said I was on tilt, we ended up coming home with this fat little 6 week old pup, my daughter named him Dex. I had night mares for weeks thinking about what a mistake I had made. I had always had beautiful dogs.

To make a long story short the ugly duckling turned into a magnificent swan.

In hindsite I am glad we were broken into. Dogs add so much to your life.

We also have a 10-1/2 week old female, she is something else. Barr none,
she is the boldest pup we have ever had, it must be a Chech thing.

And then there is Sabel, she is 13, along with 2 cats, Axel and lilly.

Life is good.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Welcome. Some pictures of your pets would be nice <hint>. We (I) love pictures!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Welcome to the pack Deno! So sorry to hear about Jet. Throughout my entire life, I've loved and lost many and my current turns 10 on May 5th, so I have been where you are. All were spectacular and I still miss every one of them. However, there's always room for more GSD love, it's a terrific way of healing. Again welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts