German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to order from the website but I am conflicted with which one I should get for my boy. He has a 17.5 inch neck and weighs about 80lbs. He is 2 years old. I like the black stainless steel. But all the options are saying for dogs with necks in the 20s. Am I missing something??

I am more likely leaning towards the 23 inch one (158lb/70kg) vs the 21 inch one (77lbs/35kg) because of the weight.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the 3.2mm, you can purchase extra links to add to the collar if it is too small, also you can remove links if it is too big.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 3.2mm, you can purchase extra links to add to the collar if it is too small, also you can remove links if it is too big.

Yeah, I think the collar is too big for both. I just wondered that since they both are too big anyways whether or not there was really a better option or difference between the two? Cause I think I’ll have to remove links anyways. How much does your dog weigh?

What I wondered about the weight categories was... is it specifically referring to the dog’s weight or should I allow for more than that in the case my dog does try to pull?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Yeah, I think the collar is too big for both. I just wondered that since they both are too big anyways whether or not there was really a better option or difference between the two? Cause I think I’ll have to remove links anyways. How much does your dog weigh?

What I wondered about the weight categories was... is it specifically referring to the dog’s weight or should I allow for more than that in the case my dog does try to pull?
I have only seen the 4mm on dogs such as mastiffs and bully breeds. The majority of shep owners go for the 3mm, some will use the 2 mm. The 4mm will be too bulky and you may not get a good fit, with or without the extra link.

If in doubt, order one of each and return the one you don't need.

If your dog pulls, the collar will do its job.

My girl is around 70lb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts