German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Looks like the buckle would work the same as a regular prong used on the dead ring, so it would depend on your use of the collar if you wanted to use that one.

How wide are the links? Wide, not long... You say you think wider would look better, but I prefer when the collar doesn't show as much. I have a cover on my prong now, to avoid the negative associations from people who don't understand prongs.

· Registered
3,081 Posts
Thanks Syaor. I think I will probably get one of these sooner than later, but don't have the money yet. My plan is to actually remove the chain though and replace it with a small nylon collar, so that there is nothing really to hint that its a prong... But I use my prong with my service dog. And I fear someone seeing it and thinking it means my dog is less trained. When its just I prefer the safety of the prong since I am disabled and unable to give a hard correction of some sort of emergency came up. I doubt I would ever have a problem, I have complete trust in my dogs training just not complete trust in myself! So its more for my comfort of mind since I'm neurotic and over think ;)

· Registered
3,081 Posts
I made a prong cover. Its not a tube though so not to interfere with the work of the prong. For the part that goes over the prong, its flat and has velcro tabs to hold it onto the prong. Then the ends have flaps with velcro, which wrap around the chain. There is still enough freedom to use the prong on the live ring, but it covers the collar pretty much completely. I'll have to take some pictures of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.