German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's five years old now and we got her when she was 12 weeks... but I've never joined a GSD forum before. This beautiful girl is a tripod, we got her from MAGSR (Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue) and we've been in love ever since we brought her home with her stitches just removed from that sweet little ham hock where her rear leg was removed at 10 weeks old... We were told she was part Shiloh, she's about 65 pounds (without a back leg!) and totally amazing... Starla is a total love bug and our first dog, she NEVER. STOPS. and she's the sweetest thing ever. Unless you are on the other side of the door in which case she goes bananas and sounds like a maniac (total show)... She is so ball-driven it's insane, that's the only time I can really get her total attention (ok sometimes a bird flying by may distract her)... So cute.
My question is, her snout is so long I feel like when she eats her nose gets in the way of her food... does anyone have tips or insight as to the best type of bowl or way to feed a GSD?
image0.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
She is a cutie!
I'm not sure what you mean about her about her snout? How does she have trouble eating?

·
Registered
241 Posts
She is beautiful! Does her long muzzle hinder her ability to eat? She looks healthy from the pics. You could change to a narrower/taller one (like a small metal mixing bowl shape) if you want less surface area to "chase" the food around.

Every dog has their own eating style. Some eat like the food is going to disappear and others are very casual. One of mine eats like it's a race and the other lays down and eats slowly like she actually is tasting it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts