German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after talking to members on this forum (all were so helpful and I thank you) about my girl not eating, then eating, then going back on hunger strike for several days, I came up with an idea (don't do this because your dog will get the poops).....here it is, pick your own food, Orijen LBP, Orijen regional red, Orijen regional fish, EVO red meat formula

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Ha!! So which one did she pick for breakfast?? I did a similar taste test between Orijen, Orijen Regional Red and Taste of the Wild High Prairie-- the winner...TOTW, paws down the favorite!! Now I have to feed it to Stosh after he finishes his meal of Orijen, like it's dessert.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Ok...how were you able to afford doing that? LOL

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha!! So which one did she pick for breakfast?? I did a similar taste test between Orijen, Orijen Regional Red and Taste of the Wild High Prairie-- the winner...TOTW, paws down the favorite!! Now I have to feed it to Stosh after he finishes his meal of Orijen, like it's dessert.
Well, I honestly thought she would pick the Orijen Beef but she went right for the EVO, maybe smells better? I wanted to try the TOTW but the
Pet Supplie Plus by me didn't have it.....go figure. I will try the EVO for a while then try TOTW since there seems to be a lot of people on here that use it.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Too funny!
I get my TOTW at PSP on Rt. 6

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Last aisle on the left...about 1/3 way down.... :)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I bet she would have picked a McDonal's burger first but that doesn't mean it's good for her.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bet she would have picked a McDonal's burger first but that doesn't mean it's good for her.
Paddy I had to do something, this dog would just not eat? I tried the tough love thing and she would puke bile and still not eat or if she did, it would be 1/2 cup of food and that would be it for 2 or 3 days. I honestly think that she just didn't like the Orijen? Now so far she has eaten the EVO and it looks like she actually "likes" it. She stays by the bowl and will eat almost the whole thing. Hey I'm open for suggestions if you have any.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Paddy I had to do something, this dog would just not eat? I tried the tough love thing and she would puke bile and still not eat or if she did, it would be 1/2 cup of food and that would be it for 2 or 3 days. I honestly think that she just didn't like the Orijen? Now so far she has eaten the EVO and it looks like she actually "likes" it. She stays by the bowl and will eat almost the whole thing. Hey I'm open for suggestions if you have any.
Good luck and here's hoping she continues with the EVO. The best food is the one she will eat. Sorry for being a wise guy. :blush:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Denali-

I ran into the same problem when I was feeding Champion pet foods. I tried Acana and Orijen multiple flavors. I then switched to TOTW wetlands and started to wet her food and she has not missed a meal since, licks her bowl clean, It has been about a month and half now. I can even add extra food with no ill effect on her eating or poops! She has put on about 5 pounds and looks great!!! Try wetting her food and see. It seemed to help my girl out alot! I also mix in a little canned meat every other day or so.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Denali-

I ran into the same problem when I was feeding Champion pet foods. I tried Acana and Orijen multiple flavors. I then switched to TOTW wetlands and started to wet her food and she has not missed a meal since, licks her bowl clean, It has been about a month and half now. I can even add extra food with no ill effect on her eating or poops! She has put on about 5 pounds and looks great!!! Try wetting her food and see. It seemed to help my girl out alot! I also mix in a little canned meat every other day or so.
I feed Orijen. I put some cottage cheese with pinapple in and that gets her started. She takes an hour or so because she eats a little then goofs off for a while then eats some more.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Denali-

Oh I have tried wetting it, putting canned in with it, every kind of topper you can think of, mixing raw patties in with it. I honestly think I have exausted every means with the exception of totally raw.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
LOL I hope you got small bags to pick at? ;)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Why don't you all put on a top hat and cane and give the dog a show before dinner?
So oh wise food master, what would YOU have OP do with her dog that would not eat???

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
So oh wise food master, what would YOU have OP do with her dog that would not eat???
Let her stare at the food she wouldn't eat and starve to death, of course.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts