2,255 Posts

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Slight dip behind the withers, but overall nice topline. Good tailset, love her angulation, though I wish she were more up on her pasterns. Head is "ok". Would like to see a more pronounced stop. Seems a bit doggy, but I'll take a doggy bitch over a bitchy dog ^_^

Nice front, perhaps a bit steep in upper arm. Color and pigment are gorgeous (something that is lacking in our breed presently). A very nice bitch overall.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a head shot Jackie, I feel that Aimee has very strong secondary sex characteristics, have never had anyone say she is "doggy" looking so I figured it could be the picture.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
She does look doggy, but I think that's fantastic in bitches. She doesn't look "doggy enough" to be mistaken as a male from her headshot photo, so this is a very good thing. I'd take this over one of those pointy-muzzled, fine heads any day of the week! Agree with Jackie, wish she didn't have a Roman nose, but other than that she is one solid, nicely boned bitch. She gives a pleasing overall picture except the pasterns, those stick out for me.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, this is not a doggy bitch. This bitch is 23 inches tall and weighs about 57lbs and is *very* feminine in type.

Her pasterns are a bit soft, that I will accept as it is obvious. But she is not doggy in type at all and I will not accept that lol

This is another photo taken the same day. Unfortunately it was not a good photo with her hair sticking up and the sun washing her out but her head set is obvious, distinctly female and not doggy at all.

This bitch has a fantastic, amazing head with type, sex characteristics and perfect proportions via any standard used....

Her forearm is also not steep.... she has a great 90 degree angled shoulder and wonderful movement without lift.

I didn't know what to expect as comments but I certainly didn't expect her head to be faulted as this is one of the most correct heads I have ever seen regardless of if she is my dog?
This is why I was **** frustrated when her hips turned out bad....this was my champion....for sure.

My daughter is holding her in this photo and my daughter stands 5'4" tall for comparison.

Her dam has an incredible head as well but not as feminine as Aimee's

The other thing I love about these girls is their very correct eyes. Dark and almond shaped....beautiful eyes, not round nor light. Their muzzle is in direct proportion to their skull with nice flowing stops that blend into the muzzle.

I admit it is very hard for me to fault Aimee....my short list?

Weakish pasterns, slightly roached back, a bit long in loin. Thats it guys.... heck look at that tail. I loved the tail length on this litter as well. The croups are awesome, bone excellent and dense......I was really disappointed when their films came back as they did
As I had honestly bred what I was looking to breed.

Cherri

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Headwise, she is a bit doggy, insofar that her head "outmales" that of quite a few males. Her head is nice except the convexing of her muzzle, relax, it's a compliment! Her body is not doggy, so don't worry there!

Other than that, it's always good to get comments from others. If I had felt I had bred the definition of my breeding program, I would be drowning in kennel blindness! It is very hard to fault something you've worked to hard to produce, this is why it's good to get second (and 3rd, 4th, 5th.... 87th) opinions and why I like the koer reports!

Quote:
Weakish pasterns, slightly roached back, a bit long in loin. Thats it guys.... heck look at that tail.
For a working dog, those are all pretty big faults. No, I do not mean your dog is a working line or should be, I simply mean that this breed was built to work, and structural issues like those just don't help, nice tail or not. And I do agree, that is a wonderful tail!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Honestly, after talking to my daughter it is the photos. She says they do not really look like Aimee if that makes sense to everyone?

Diana what are you referring to when you say the convexing of her muzzle?

As far as her faults, all dogs have them
We all know that. The faults I listed do not effect Aimee in gait at all, nor in jumping nor any activity and faults are only as serious in as far as they hamper ability.... she can gait for hours (even with severe CHD) loves to jump things, climb over things and her and her siblings drive me crazy running throughout our bi-level home.

To be funny my daughter said "Maybe they see a lot of bitchy males?" lol That made me laugh and maybe that is the case? lol

I have a photo of her and her brother beside one another but I cannot find it
This distinctly shows the awesome sex characteristics I got in this breeding.

Thank you for all the comments. I guess I am just always looking for more structural comments rather than things about type or camera angle. Know what I mean?

Cherri

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
What I see is a beautiful bitch. I wish she had a longer upper arm. I also prefer a deeper stop between the forehead and the muzzle. Pasterns could be stronger. I don't think she looks doggy at all.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
She looks feminine to me also, I like to see a more pronounced stop.
Overall a very nice female, sorry about the hips.
Any German in the pedigree?

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Look at the first photo, specifically the top of her muzzle between stop and nose. See how it convexes? It's not straight, doesn't dip, but it does go out and then down. It can be seen in the profile shot. Lots of American line dogs seem to have that, it's something that bugs me and sticks out for me whenever I see a dog with that.

I say she looks doggy in the head just because many American lines are waaaaay too feminine! If she had a flat top of muzzle and a better stop, she'd have a wonderful head!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got me Diana, the standard calls for a wedge shaped muzzle and sloping stop, not defined and not pronounced...

I personally think Aimee has an exceptional head, but of course I am her Mommy and I love her

4) Head

The head should be in proportion to the body size (in length
approximately 40% of the height at the withers) and not
coarse, overrefined or overstretched(snipey). In general
appearance, it should be dry with moderate breadth between the
ears.

The forehead when viewed from the front or side is only
slightly arched. It should be without a center furrow or with
only a slightly defined furrow.

The cheeks form a gentle curve laterally without protrusion
toward the front. When viewed from above, the skull
(approximately 50% of the entire head length) tapers gradually
and evenly from the ears to the tip of the nose, with a
sloping rather than a sharply defined stop and into a long,
dry wedge-shaped muzzle (the upper and lower jaws must be
strongly developed.)

The width of the skull should correspond approximately to the
length of the skull. Also, a slight oversize in the case of
males or undersize in the case of females is not
objectionable.

The muzzle is strong; the lips are firm and dry and close
tightly.

The bridge of the nose is straight and runs nearly parallel
with the plane of the forehead.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
A dog can still have a wedge shaped head while having a slightly more pronounced stop. The stop not being pronounced doesn't mean it should be absent.

Her head is much more feminine from the front...in profile, it looks a bit doggy to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts