German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating whether or not to test my pup at the all breed herding test and comp tomorrow. His recall is not yet 100% especially when he's distracted. Today on his walk there were geese walking around he would not break eye contact. Not even for a treat.

The only reason I'm even considering going though is because there's a Schutzhund club putting it on that I'm interested in joining and it would be nice to see if Gunther's instincts kick in when herding. I have no use for him to herd haha I live in the suburbs :p

Here's the cost of the testing: Herding Instinct (HCT) $28 ea, Herding Capability $28 ea; it doesn't seem that unreasonable to me but what's the difference between the Instinct and Capability?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
AHBA

That should explain the two legs (especially the last two sections, but reading the whole thing will help)

You will need two legs to get an HCT title, but for AHBA (American Herding Breed Association) the two legs are slightly different. For AKC, both legs of the HT (Herding Tested, which is the AKC equivalent of the HCT) are similar to the second leg of the HCT. Hope that makes sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts