German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 15 months old started recently to behave very strange around us. There are two adults in the house plus our puppy (Lexa) and when we're in different rooms she is being a normal self: chilling with one of us or sleeping at some other place in the house alone. But the moment the three of us are in the same space, like having dinner or going to bed, she starts running around and making short loud cry sounds. When it happens, to calm her down, we either send her to her place or ask her to lay down and stay, and she listens but she can't stay still without constant reminders (as a comparison point if only one person is in the room she can stay in her place until released for an hour easily).

what is going on in her head?! We tried ignoring her and she kept going like that for 30 minutes straight. She is clearly experiencing some sort of anxiety (cries are accompanied by panting) and she tries to listen to us and stay still, but she really can't. It takes 10 minutes of constant "no, stay" before she will relax and fall asleep next to us in the bedroom.

Want to help my girl not to be that worked up and also would like to go to bed without someone running around the bed like crazy:)

Any insight into what is going on?

thank you!

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Hard to say what she's doing without seeing it, but I would crate her when she does that then you don't have to keep yelling at her to cut it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello
My Dog Hyper Piper does that at times and it means she is bored and wants to play.
Maybe you should try to take her out for a short walk or give her something she likes to play with something or chew to keep her mind busy. I know it is really fustrating and annoying. Good Luck and tell me how it goes?

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
It almost sounds like she expects something to happen when the two of your are together, and when it doesn't happen she becomes anxious. Have you changed any of your routines lately?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for feedback! I honestly doubt it is an issue of exercise because she will do it right after a play date or after napping for a couple of hours with the same intensity. Plus she only does it when the two of us are in the room.

whiteshepherds: that's my feeling also, but I would love to know what she is expecting. The big change that happened to us her daddy came back from deployment 2 months ago, so before that for six months she was used to being alone with me. but she did not exhibit this kind of behavior in the first month when he was home, only recently.

·
Banned
182 Posts
Sounds like young German Shepherd, re-adjusting to the new/returned pack member!!
& looking for a game (fun, activity) = as Shepherd's alway do!
German Shepherds are an Active breed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts