German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I am getting compliments on Deja's healthy and lean looks, especially since most people think she is a year old while she is 6+ years old. I am not writing this to brag but I am wondering what causes this. She gets raw from scratch in the evening and a handful of kibble in the morning to settle her stomach and to add extra nutrients. She gets plenty of exercise and is intact. The latter is my main reason for writing this. Will a full spay change her sleek coat, her drive etc? I am not interested in partial spay as the uterine stump can still get infected. I am planning on spaying her to prevent pyo, now she is getting older. Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
I spayed Carly at 6, and yes her coat changed. It went through a big fuzzy stage, and then got really thick, way thicker than it ever was when I was showing her. Now at 10 years old, it’s still very thick, but not fuzzy anymore. I have 3 year old (intact) Scarlet to compare coats with, and Carly looks good.

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
Oh, and Carly didn’t change at all after her spay. Her personality, drive, energy were still the same. She’s getting a teeny bit slower (not much) now that she’s 10, but that’s it.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
A post talking about good looks without a photo or two? Come on! Show us that girl!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts