German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - new to the forums! This is Henry, my daughter's soon to be service dog. He is 9 weeks old and an extremely well behaved pup! He sleeps through the night and has only had a few pee accidents in the house. He plays fairly well with her, just a bit mouthy. We start training in June with him for a full year before he is certified. We're a bit nervous about training since we weren't crazy about some of the trainers suggestions, but we've been doing our own thing with him and its working well!

I'm new to puppies (always had older dogs) but do you guys suggest using a harness or using a collar for walking? We picked a harness so he is used to wearing something similar to a vest, but that doesn't mean we have to use it while walking.

Thanks for looking!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
he is so cute! and so is your daughter !! He looks like a "henry":)

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Have to agree with everyone here. They are both adorable. Good luck with your training goes well. I have used this site for much answers to my questions with our pup and have learned a great deal. Welcome

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Awww, soo cute!! Have to agree, he looks like a 'henry!'

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
for walks I use a collar but a harness would work just as well. I think it's beneficial for a dog to learn to walk appropriately on both so maybe you can use that for consideration? Best of luck in his training!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody! I've been lurking the site for weeks and learned a ton so far

1 - 8 of 8 Posts