German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I found 3 ticks on Ammo! I have given him comfortis for fleas but I don't know what works best for ticks. What is the best thing out there to get rid of ticks?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To help you understand why this is such a big deal to my family, my husband has been dealing with chronic lime disease for over 6 years now. He has issues so bad that he can't even work because of it. So the idea of ticks around our family is very scary for us.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I haven't heard of anything that will keep the ticks from crawling on the dog other than keeping the grass very low cut, spraying it with pesticides, and maybe using a flea/tick spray on the dog versus the drops...but nothing is iron clad. I spray my yard, flea/tick drop the dog, and even use citrus juice as a repellent, but he still ends up with ticks.

Ticks are bad everywhere it seems this year. My husband and I have both been bitten and so has our dog. We've taken to using a comb with close teeth just prior to coming into the house to get the ticks that haven't attached yet off his fur, but as I said, nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Neem oil does stop ticks from hitching a ride on your dog. Give him a rub of the neem mixed with some oil whenever you are going into tick territory. It is also good for the dogs hair and skin, is anti - bacterial, fungal, parasitic, anti - mange, etcetc.

Wear gloves applying it and don't use it on a female if she is expecting or trying to get pregnant. It is a contraceptive and it stinks as well. If in doubt research it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts