German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a German shepherd and he is 10 months old and he has 1 ear up and the other down. He is still a puppy according to some of the articles I've been reading and they say that they are puppies till 2 years of age. One of the characteristics he has is that his snout isn't black like other German shepherds and he isn't liver colored shepherd or a white one. His snout is tan but i don't care he is an awesome dog. here is how he looks like, he likes sitting on chairs any suggestions why he snout is like that...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/r90/150005_258673524263729_183435638_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/734909_258672154263866_1062136274_n.jpg

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
i had a gsd back in the early eighties, his one ear didn't stand up until he was around twelve months old. i also don't believe in glueing cardboard in the ear to help it stand up.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Are you sure he is pure GSD? Doesn't look like they will go up at this point - you can try giving bully sticks, trachea, ligaments, gelatin etc - but I would be very shocked if they went up...

·
Registered
219 Posts
First thing it thought when i looked at him is maybe he is mixed with a little chow? But I am not an expert. Lilys ears went through the puppy stage of up and down half up and down until around maybe six months and then they stood up except one ear that had a soft tip that didnt go up until she was really close to the 1 yr old mark, but it was standing up great except for the tip and that eventually went up. I havent seen one that was down all the way at 10 months go up though. I am with hunter on the tape and glue thing. I would say just lots of bully sticks and hope for the best. LIke you say its a great dog and you love him so in the long run it will still be okay if the ear doesnt go up, just love your puppy and that is all that matters.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I can't really answer about his coloring. Do you have any additional pictures? As for one ear up and one down, I think that just adds character. Whether the ear goes up or not, he is a beautiful boy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts