German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need some help..
I noticed my Gsp (1yr. and 3moths old) licking himself numerous times. when i finally lefted up his leg i saw a big red rash looking scar(with a little puss) where is other testicle would of been if it drooped. I also noticed he really wasen't eatting all of his food..just the dog treats and also throw up once. But when it comes to playing he will play and run all over the backyard,bark and also go to the bathroom with no issiue(as if he's fine) the only issiue i see when he's inside the house is that he will try to sit and lick the rash as if its a big huge discomfort to him.

what should I do? is there any type of medication i should give him? or should he just go to the vet? he's been to the vet and the doctors still say they cant find his other testicle and they keep telling me to feel around week after week to see if i can find it and i have yet to find it. Im woundering if the one testicle issiue is finally startig to find the bad health sideffects or if it's just a bite or something..

Attachments

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
I would definitely take him to the vet. It is definitely infected if nothing worse. They may want to do an immediate neuter. Hard to say. I would hope they would treat the infection first though before operating, but that really needs a veterinary opinion, not just someone over the internet.

Hope he feels better soon.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
go the Vet. when your dog is having a
problem always go to the Vet and if need
be go to the E-Vet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts