German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12 week pup, on the smallish side (which I'm GREAT with) but she LOVES raw meat, and doesn't like kibble so I'm switching her....but I don't know how much to feed. I have access to chicken, LOTS of venison, what supplements do I need to add?:help:what other meat? veggies? rice?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hello,

if you havent already check out www.rawdogranch.com
you will find a ton of info there, thats where I started.

I fed Fanta raw from the minute she set paw in our house. I gave her chicken only at first (chicken leg and then thigh) and figured her rations based on 2% of her expected adult weight (I judged it by the mothers weight). others have done a percantage of the pups current weight (I forget but its between 8-10%).
you also have to keep the balance between RMB (raw meaty bone) and MM (muscle meat) and I started at 50/50 and it seems to be working for her since.
once you see that she is fine with chicken (after a week or two) and her poops are OK (no diarrhea) then you can reintroduce another protein.
I do not feed venison since I dont have access to it but I read that it can be a bit too much for some pups so you will have to proceed with caution with it.

Fanta gets whatever I can get at a reasonable price:
chicken, turkey, veal heart, pork, raw fish.

you do have to introduce all those things slowly and see how she does with it.

this is all a simplified version but Lauri's website that I referenced will give you more detail.

best of luck. its not that hard and your pup will love you for it even more. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts