German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New here.

My puppy Summer has been on a raw diet since she could eat. (The Breeder loves his raw diets) I've had no problems doing this for her but her eating habits are sketchy at best.

Given she had to be hand reared due to her Mum having mastitis, the breeder was feeding the pups 3 - 4 times a day. I am trying to mimick this, however Summer either gets too distracted to eat much at breakfast and lunch, or doesn't care for it.

Originally I was giving her raw chicken mince and garlic with a veggie/pasta cook that I did as well. She didn't seem to keen on the cook up (even though I followed what the breeder was giving her) so I just gave her the chicken mince last night. She wolfed it down, to the point where she was trying to eat my big boys dry food... not good when he is a bit territorial with her at the moment. So I gave her some more mince and she wolfed that down too. I'm not sure how much to feed her and how to give her what she needs. The last puppy I had was a good 10 - 13 years ago, and I've never fed a raw diet before.

Any and all help would be appreciated, as summer looks very skinny in her back end, but I can't force her to eat. She just licks it a couple of times, and walks away. The only time she eats decently is at night.

Eek!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Search here for raw diet or barf and you will find a link to raw ranch. It is a website of a member here, Lauri. It has good info and helped me transition to raw. It helps with the calculations of how much to feed.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts