1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

Today my mom bought me these EXACT SAME bookends at a yard sale for $3. I can't find any info beyond what this page listed. I know they are rare, but I do not want to sell them and would to know as much about these items as I could. They are in great condition besides slight rust on one of the bottoms and some dust.
Not sure if you read the whole ebay description (after they finished talking about shipping, lol) but they gave a ton of info about them and Strongheart. I think it said they're bronze over iron, or it said that on another site. (that would explain the rust) Produced by Littco, part of the Littlestown Foundry in PA. Produced between 1922-29 during Stronghearts popularity. A quick check in google shows dealers selling them for between 225.00 - 500.00.

Your Mom got a good deal and a nice collectors item, lucky you!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, i read all that. i just couldn't find any other info that what this ad said. It's only a person's ad, so how can you really take it for fact, you know? I don't know if it's rust or some other sort of corrosion, but whatever it is is only surface because it somewhat rubbed off some with a water and a rag. Any tips on how to clean these without doing damage? They sat in an attic for who knows how many years and the family only knew that they belonged to their grandfather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts