German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I would just like to mention how wonderful these forums have been in helping me research this breed and prepare for my puppy. Thanks, everyone, for being this breed's online encyclopedia :)

She is going to be born sometime this week, and she may be in either of two litters, numbered C and D. This is the breeder's third set of litters as well, so there must be two words to go after the names. They've given me the option of naming her, and I am trying to brainstorm in advance. I like astronomy names, and the two words to follow in either case may be 'Milky Way' or something similar. I was thinking Celeste for C, or Calypso, but neither of the names are entirely there. And I have absolutely zero ideas for D names. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Well you missed the obvious Cassiopeia, lol. A couple others that sprung to mind Cygnus, Delphinus, Corona or Deneb.
I personally like Circinus, the compass, because that's what my dogs are.

·
Registered
15,890 Posts
What I do is pull out the dictionary. Maybe an unabridged one. And go through the listings under the letter. I like this method because it gives me the definition as well as a great selection of names.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Dacron...Department of sharp teeth....Dipstick...Dairy Queen....Drywall

Colgate-Palmolive...Costco...Caenogenesis...Cilantro....Carbon 38 or 12.....

SuperG

·
Registered
124 Posts
The "Milky Way" has robbed me of any creative powers--you could go with Chocolate or Dark Chocolate. Not star-related, I know!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Strictly going with star/space stuff cuz you said you like it and I'm all for themes :smile2: These are hard for me, lol.

Comet, Constellation, Corona, Cassiopeia, Corvus (maybe Corva for girl?) Carina, Capella, Caelum (Cae for short), Carina,

Deneb, Denebola, Daughter of Cassiopeia (Andromeda)

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Don't know if you would consider astronomers but found a cool one. d'Arrest. Darra or Darri for a call name.

Heinrich Louis d'Arrest was a Danish astronomer.

I just liked the thought of the word arrest some where in a GSDs name.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Dione, one of Saturn's moons
Delta (I'm watching old episodes of Star Trek Voyager, they're in the Delta quadrant) ;-D

I prefer 2 syllable names, easy when calling.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, thanks so much for all the suggestions! So far I am favouring Capella much more over my original Calypso. Thanks for that, Katsugsd ?

As for D, leaning toward Delphinus but not set in stone. Still considering!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts