German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on my 6 month old female German's belly. It wasn't here yesterday I believe no more than a few though. What does it look like to anyone else?! She's the runt of her liter and has gotten two eye infections on top of other miscellaneous health issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
Looks like a bug bite because of the "spot" in the middle (the actual
BITE, and swelling around) and how fast it appeared.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'm in agreement. Looks like insect. Hopefully not a spider bite.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My first guess when I first saw it was ringworm. Just because of the circle around it. Has she been around other animals of any kind lately? I may be completely wrong, but anytime I see a round border like that, I see ringworm lol. Maybe since I worked at a vet previously and it seemed like an epidemic during that time.

oh wait, after a second look, i cannot tell if it's raised or not. If it is raised like a bump, then I'd go with insect bite. If it's flat, I'd say ringworm.

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Our pups can just get skin infections from an irritation and moisture. Always get to a vet to confirm things.

Otherwise keeping the area dry (Gold Bond Powder can help) and maybe trimming the hair around the area can help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's just around our 3 other dogs. I'm thinking a bug bite too. They were outside playing the last two days since it has been great weather! I'm keeping an eye on it to see if it progresses. I at first thought it was ringworm but the spot in the middle. Thanks everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts