German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Kodak Zi8 pocket video camera. I used it this week at training. I've cut and edited the sections I want to piece together. When I'm just watching the unedited clips, totally smooth action. When I look at anything in the edit function, or actually edit it - REALLY choppy and the audio and visual is completely off, they don't match.

It's really difficult to edit the video when I'm doing it by sound more than by visual b/c the visual is so jumpy/choppy. I spent HOURS today trying to cut a bunch of small videos into one cohesive whole and I can't even view it in a smooth format. Any advice? Use different software - any free software out there worth downloading? I was SUPER excited to video and now I have the urge to throw the camera! I am going crazy here!!!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! When I contacted customer service the only response they had was "must be your computer"...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Thanks! When I contacted customer service the only response they had was "must be your computer"...

This actually may be true. My husband has done quite a bit of editing and on one of our old computers, the video would be very choppy in the editing. I believe it has something to do with your computers video card but maybe someone who knows more will reply.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I also use Windows Live Movie Maker and love it. Very user friendly. All my Youtube videos were made using it and you can do slideshows or movies, either one.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm having my ex look at the requirements and the specs of this comp and tell me what he thinks (he's a web developer/computer geek). I might have to just buy a new one...ugh :(

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a Dell Inspiron 700m. I have XP not Windows 7 so I had to download the Movie Maker for XP. I can edit sometimes, but not all the time and I can't thread the movie clips together into a cohesive whole. I use this comp for photo editing (PhotoShop and LightRoom) but perhaps it can't take the video :( I wasn't planning on shelling out the $$ for a new computer until this summer...UGH

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If this is something that you are planning to do a lot of in the future you should consider getting a Mac the next time around. Mac has it's own native photo/video editing software (iMovie) that is standard. PCs are not made to do much of anything very well when it comes to video editing.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts