German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kola just turned 9 weeks today.. we have never ever had this much trouble with her... she was doing sooo awesome at potty training .. at everything...

I got home from work... took her out.. she did awesome for the 4 hours she was in the crate.. not one mess....

I took her out.. she peed several time.. i brought her in.. she drank A LOT of water.. I took her out 3 times after that... she peed everytime...

I thought ok.. she is good.. she didnt drink anything after that one time...

So.. i figured i would let her relax.. we played... i took her out again after we played.. she peed...

So we came inside I let her lay with me on the bed while i was on my computer...
She got off the bed.. and peed A LOT on the carpet... then i took her out.. cleaned up the mess turned around looked at the bed and saw a bigger puddle on the bed... she was out in the living room, then i went out there and she peed in the living room too!!!!
At this point I was pretty tired.. and I was clueless on what to do... I put her in her crate... and she laid down for about 10mintues.. got up started whineing and she had peed yet again in her crate!!!
Help!!!! She never has been like this.. and I think she is peeing in her sleep..

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
She may have a bladder/urinary tract infection. Collect some of the urine (in a ladle while she's peeing) and off to the vet tomorrow.

Do NOT yell at her, I'm thinking this isn't her fault but that she's sick.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I agree, get her checked for a UTI. That does seem like allot of peeing going on.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I work tomorrow.. and i just started this job... and so does my hunni...

I dont think its UTI.. it has no odor... and she isnt whineing like she is in pain...

Could it be she just drank TO much water??? and when she went to sleep couldnt hold it so she peed on the bed??? kind of like a child?

AND... she is eating our of the cats litter box!? wth

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
UTI, my dogs never had an odor, they just behaved exactly the way yours is with accidents all over the house...

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
UTI does not always have odor or color. It does leave a dog peeing any where like they can not hold it. Mine peed in the livingroom while he was playing and he was house broken for months at that time. He acted like he did not even know he went.

Yes it could have been to much water. Keep an eye on her if she continues to pee allot without drinking allot of water than check for the UTI. If she keeps drinking that much water then have some blood work done.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what about the litter box??? could that have played a part in this... Kola is dead asleep now.. i think she knew she was in trouble

1 - 8 of 8 Posts