German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am posting for my sister. She has a German Shepard that is black. Possibly mixed. She was a rescue. She was timid but loved to play and was pretty happy go lucky for the most part. About a year ago she started going downhill. She was taken to the vet but they didn't know. She has swollen back knees, she's tired and more weak. They used to run every morning and she now has no interest. Any suggestions if what might be wrong?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I suggest your sister finds another vet, who can diagnose the problem. If you give your location, someone may be able to advise where to take her. I'm guessing her hocks are swollen?

·
Registered
95 Posts
See if you can find an orthopedic Vet. My previous dog had back leg knee issues which my primary Vet thought was hip dysplasia. The orthopedic did a correct diagnosis.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suggest your sister finds another vet, who can diagnose the problem. If you give your location, someone may be able to advise where to take her. I'm guessing her hocks are swollen?

Yes her hocks. She's taking her to another vet this week but I wasn't sure if anyone had suggestions to ask at the vet. Thank you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts