German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is is normal for my fgs to urinate all over? we have a small house and she literally pees from one end to the other. I am grossed out with the smell. Please help. thanks

·
Registered
32,379 Posts
I don't think being in heat has anything to do with urinating in the house. If she is doing that, I would suspect a UTI over a heat. How old is she?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yep, I agree. It sounds like a UTI. It should be checked by a vet, I would think. I don't remember ever having a problem like that with my females that were intact and in heat.

·
Registered
951 Posts
My Lulu will pee all over now that shes in heat but she doesnt do it in the house... at all. Did you have urination problem before she went into heat?

When I say all over I mean 4 or 5 or 6 spots with in a few min when normally (up till last week) it was one spot and then she was done. Always outside though. If it continues I will have her checked for UTI because its new behavior.

Good luck.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I agree with the others, you should take her to the vet to be checked for a UTI.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Never had a female GSD, but my female rat terrier never had any urinating issues when she was in heat...spotting, of course, but not urine. I don't believe that's normal. But I'm not a vet--give your vet a call, and make a plan of action per his instructions..hope she's OK!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I agree when Bella is in heat she never pees in the house and she should be in heat any day now, she acts weird like she's off not her normal self but that's about all :)
keep a mop handy and I hope you figure out what's going on with your little lady...
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Funnily, on my girls last heat she did pee around the kitchen and in the dogs water bowls. You will notice a female in heat increases her marking significantly as she gets closer to ovulation time. This is her hormones telling all the males in the area that she is ready. Usually it is small amounts but sometimes it is plenty. In your case it may be that the female is at a fertile stage and she is releasing liquid and scent naturally and instinctively.

It could be a UTI as has been mentioned. I always give my female extra fluids and vitamin c during heats. That will also help with a UTI as will cranberry extract and golden-rod tea(diuretic). You make sure the dog drinks the fluid by adding chicken stock to the water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts