German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Usually when my puppy refuses to walk it is because she is fixated on something on the ground, which could be anything at this age. If she does not walk and sits there stairing at me I coax her along. If that doesn't work I pick her up and put her 10 feet ahead, by then she is usually interested in something new ahead of her. The neighbors must think I am a nut because I am always talking to her, praising her, telling her to let go of something, telling her to "go potty" etc. I don't care, I am having fun with her and she enjoys it. Now I noticed that she is dropping the things she used to chew on like rocks, snails, the things I used to have to get out of her mouth many times during our walks. She also knows our house so when we get close to it, she really tugs to get back. I usually walk a circuit so when we get to the house she can come in. The most fun is watching her when she sees something new, like a duck and she stairs at it like its some alien, the next time she sees it she goes after it. She loves people too, so they are always a target for attention. Chasing leaves in the wind is another of her favorites.

Glenn

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yeah Qadira grabbed a pine cone and played with it on the driveway, pretty funny. She dropped it on the top of the driveway and chased it back down. Repeated this quite a few times. Then she wanted to bring her new toy in the house :). She also loves to grab sticks and they become her chew toy in the yard. Does Diego bite your ankles, sleeves, pant legs like Qadira? Sometimes she can grab and she has a really strong bite grip. I have lost a few socks and some skin to her a few times. Her typical biting time is after breakfast and before and after dinner. She know better than to bite me when I am fixing her breakfast, that only delays her feeding time!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.