German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I decided to do clicker training with Thor but the problem is he will not take food from my hands he acts terrified to take it. Would it be ok to just set his treat on the floor? Also lol he is so lazy he will play about five minutes and sleep the rest of the day how can I get his attention. Oh and he is 7 weeks old.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ok so I decided to do clicker training with Thor but the problem is he will not take food from my hands he acts terrified to take it. Would it be ok to just set his treat on the floor? Also lol he is so lazy he will play about five minutes and sleep the rest of the day how can I get his attention. Oh and he is 7 weeks old.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

7 weeks? That's too young to even be separated from his mother....
I would not be clicker training a 7 week old puppy right now.

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
He was just removed from his mom and siblings, too soon to expect much. Let him bond with you and begin working on potty training, but beyond that let him be a pup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
He is so very young. Let him adjust. Engage with him when he is awake. They sleep a lot when this young. It is normal. Let him sleep now as when he gets older you will miss these days. Build a relationship before you start a training program. Simply take him out and about with you getting him used of different environment's and seeing people but nothing which will scare him. Don't push him into anything he is not willing to go towards himself, including strangers. Just go slow. Make yourself the most interesting thing in the world to him and training in the future will be easier for both of you. He is a baby let him be a baby for a while. Don't even think of clicker training til' he is engaged with you and older by months!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts