Sequoyah German Shepherds
Von Datschiburg, a breeder in Port Colborn - Contact Us
Shiraz Farm German Shepherds | Upperville, VA 20184
Crooked Creek Ranch

·
Registered
6 Posts
what type of dog can you handle?

I am not going to recommend one of these breeders because I haven't met them or gone to their kennels, but
think about what type of dog can you handle. hard working lines require
much dedication and training. are you looking for a dog to go to the lake?
my dogs are active and super fun, but would I describe them as hard working line-no. I specifically didn't want a hard working dog. I find they get neurotic if not worked everyday. anyway, you get the picture. Also visit the kennels. Don't get a dog that has been separated from mom too early as it will adversely affect the dog's understanding of pack structure. Also why was pup separated. Was mom unstable? was mom ill?
I hope to have provided some food for thought

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Johnson-Haus, Seqouyah, or Crooked Creek.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I am not going to recommend one of these breeders because I haven't met them or gone to their kennels, but
think about what type of dog can you handle. hard working lines require
much dedication and training. are you looking for a dog to go to the lake?
my dogs are active and super fun, but would I describe them as hard working line-no. I specifically didn't want a hard working dog. I find they get neurotic if not worked everyday. anyway, you get the picture. Also visit the kennels. Don't get a dog that has been separated from mom too early as it will adversely affect the dog's understanding of pack structure. Also why was pup separated. Was mom unstable? was mom ill?
I hope to have provided some food for thought
Only crazy unbalanced sport dogs are like that. I have an exceptionally hard, psd/ppd style male working dog. Content to lounge on the couch unless we are working or playing

·
Registered
32,356 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. Sequoyah is on my list for working dogs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What Kzoppa said, but that's just if you want a recommendation on a good breeder. You'll have to match the right breeder to your situation by talking with and visiting them. I've talked with Johnson Haus personally, seems to a great program. For the area you are looking in, you should look at Welcome to Blackthorn Working German Shepherds. I can't say enough good things about Christine.

·
Registered
632 Posts
johnson haus is on the forums a lot... GSDBESTK9

1 - 8 of 8 Posts