German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason for this post is for help or ideas with my 1.5 year old GSD female who is dog aggressive. She comes from old Czech working lines with very high drive, I've been though multiple trainers/protocols and seem to failing.
I do understand that there is much more to this than a few words in text. If there is anything more you would like to know about please ask.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hi. What were your trainers like? Were they experienced with german shepherds? Were you confident in their training skills? What feedback did they give you regarding how you interacted/handled your dog? What are you doing with your dog?

·
Super Moderator
6,296 Posts
Check the thread' Sigh,a leash must be a difficult tool.'There are some great posts on correcting aggression towards other dogs from experienced trainers.Tons of information on theory and practical use.It's a loooong thread but much can be learned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of the trainers were experienced with GSDs, some of trained IPO/protection dogs.
She is working with an e collar and dominant dog collar now.

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
The reason for this post is for help or ideas with my 1.5 year old GSD female who is dog aggressive. She comes from old Czech working lines with very high drive, I've been though multiple trainers/protocols and seem to failing.
I do understand that there is much more to this than a few words in text. If there is anything more you would like to know about please ask.
Hi Jaysimms - I am the OP on the thread that Dogma referred you to that is still on the "Active" list. I just want to caution you that there are many, many different opinions there and it goes off into different topics and comes back again - it's a crazy mega weird thing but there's some excellent trainer content there. Take what you can use and leave the rest.

I was more interested in what's going on with my dog, what's causing her to have these reactions (she'll be 2 in June) and I found Bailiffs posts to be most informative for what I was looking for. Best of Luck to you with your girl.

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts