German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got our puppy Jade we knew absolutely nothing about pedigrees. We knew enough to make sure that she was registered with the AKC, but knew nothing about her background. I finally got around to ordering her pedigree (didn't do it when we registered her since we didn't think it was important).

I have tried looking at her pedigree but I don't know nearly enough to get anything out of it. Both her parents were nothing special, just pets, but I'm curious as to what might be buried back there somewhere! Any info you might have would be very welcome!

ps. Sorry about the quality. I tried adding her on pedigree database so I could link to that instead of a picture of a piece of paper but I still haven't gotten my confirmation email (its been 4 days and 3 different email address). Any ideas what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I registered my pet dog today, as well. It was both cool and disappointing to see a bunch of SchH3's in there, but four generations back :(

I got my "conformation email" right away, maybe you should try again. I got a kick out of that...that's what the website called it (instead of confirmation).

I wish I had a clue what all the alphabet soup means, too! Learn and grow.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I registered my pet dog today, as well. It was both cool and disappointing to see a bunch of SchH3's in there, but four generations back :(

I got my "conformation email" right away, maybe you should try again. I got a kick out of that...that's what the website called it (instead of confirmation).

I wish I had a clue what all the alphabet soup means, too! Learn and grow.

Not registered with the AKC...the breeder had already done that. But added him on the PDB today. Doh.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
I am not sure how the two photos are suppose to fit together. If the first photo is of your dog jades father, it looks like a decent blend of german working and show lines but you have to go back a few generations to get there. The mother's pedigree is very difficult to read but I see a lot of colors like Liver, black and silver, black and cream along with a sable thrown in there. With out being able to read the names on the pedigree, I would guess that she is more of an american pet line dog.

Now I have owned a couple of dogs with a pedigree very similar to this and they made great pets. Kind of low drive once they got out of puppyhood but they had nice long lives and were very good dogs. Early on, I tried to do some sport with them and found out they did not have the natural drive or hardness to train effectively so I just let them be pets and they were very happy and content.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was finally able to get Jade's pedigree up on to pedigree database so it is much easier to read now!

Anybody have any opinions/remarks/critiques? I know for the most part she is just a wild mix of american pet lines, but I did see some SCHH3 way back on her sire's side...

Jade

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
The pedigree is as Rob above read it:

Sires side is a blend of well-known working lines and West German Show lines. Many famous names if you go back 4 - 5 generations.

Dam's side is all pet dogs - if you go back 8 or 9 generations, the odd working line and/or German show line shows up, but that is going back to the 90's and the 80's.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Roxy has some SCH's #'s way back in the 80's on her side. I've also been told she will only be "just a pet". That's ok with me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts