German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
as far as costs go, i can say that i easily have $2K into my boy and that does not include the cost of what i paid for him either and he's just about to turn 8 months old. you will have training, vaccinations, medications, x-rays (he was limping and didnt know why, ended up with good x-ray results and nothing but a pulled muscle) quality equipment i.e. collars, leashes etc etc., toys etc. not to mention quality dog food that is a never ending expense. i spent $70 on 65lbs (that will last me 2 moths) of dog food last month. i hope that helps as far as costs.

as far as male and females go, my theary is that the only difference between the two of them in about 30lbs. members like to agree that females are a bit more serious than males. i cant disagree because i've never owned a female. quality breeders are a must, u may pay more for the pup but in the long run the quality of the pup will come into play when ur not going to the vet every other month bc of a health issue. good luck with your search.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.